July 2, 2018: Today sees the launch of the VENTURER Alliance, a collaborative partnership which has been created to continue the pioneering work of the innovative £5-million UK government co-funded VENTURER research and development project.
Made up of the original founding members of the project, the VENTURER Alliance offers proven expertise and a commitment to working with industry and government to take the next steps towards connected and autonomous vehicle (CAV) implementation.
Nathan Marsh, Chair of the VENTURER Alliance Board and Intelligent Mobility Director at Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, said: “The VENTURER partners have an established pedigree and proven success working together to overcome the barriers to the adoption of connected and autonomous vehicles in the UK.
“The VENTURER Alliance is the next chapter in the VENTURER story. It leverages the expertise and capabilities acquired during the project’s investigations into the impact of CAVs on the user, technology and the regulatory environment, to help achieve the future deployment of CAVs on UK roads.”
The VENTURER Alliance offers customers a diverse portfolio of services. These services span numerous disciplines including technology, human factors, social research, legal and insurance. They include both individual and collective expertise to:
- Support the ongoing design, testing, trialling, integration and deployment of CAVs on the UK transport network
- Explore the potential impact of CAVs on UK society and infrastructure.
Nathan continued: “The VENTURER Alliance builds on the important work carried out by the VENTURER project to establish the West of England as a centre of excellence for the safe, user-led trialling of CAV technology.”
For further information about the VENTURER Alliance, please see http://www.venturer-cars.com/
– ENDS –
Notes to Editor:
- The VENTURER Alliance is made up of: Atkins (a member of the SNC-Lavalin group), AXA UK, BAE Systems, Bristol City Council, Bristol Robotics Laboratory, Burges Salmon LLP, Fusion Processing, South Gloucestershire Council, University of Bristol, University of the West of England and Williams Advanced Engineering
- The VENTURER project, which was led by Atkins, concluded in June 2018
- To find out more about the achievements of the project, please see the VENTURER Project page of the VENTURER Alliance website
- For any further enquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org